Thursday, December 30, 2010

Aissa's (Jesus) Mother: Myriam

http://www.onestop4islam.webs.com/ Remember to visit the website and pass it on.
There are in Islam four women recognised as being especially righteous or "perfect" because of their piety: Asiyah, the Pharaoh's daughter who became the adoptive mother of Moses; Khadijah, the Prophet (Mohamed)'s first wife; Fatima, the Prophet's daughter; and Maryam (Mary), the mother of Jesus.
I have already covered Khadijah's life earlier on, so I will continue today with Myriam.


" And mention in the Book, Maryam, when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to place facing east.  She placed a screen before them; then We sent to her Our Ruh, and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects. She said: "Verily, I seek refuge with the Most Gracious (Allah) from you, if you do fear Allah.'' (The angel) said: "I am only a messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son.'' She said: "How can I have a son when no man has touched me, nor am I Baghiyya'' He said: "Thus says your Lord: `That is easy for Me (Allah). And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allah), and it is a matter (already) decreed (by Allah).'' Quran 19:16-21


Myriam was the daughter of Imran from the lineage of the Prophet David. She was from a good and wholesome family of the children of Israel. When Myriam was born her mother dedicated her to the worship of God, by entering her to the Temple. She was put under the guardianship of her brother in law: Zachariyah, who was the prophet of God at this given time. She was well-known for her remarkable acts of worship, devotion and perseverance. On many occasions,  the prophet would come to fetch her from the Temple and he would find her in prayers with fresh fruits by her side. Those fruits were out of seasons and Zachariyah wondered by what miracle they were here. 


Muhammad bin Ishaq said, "When she conceived him and filled her water jug (at a well), she returned (to her people). After this, her menstrual bleeding ceased and she experienced what the pregnant woman experiences of sickness, hunger, change of color and there was even a change in the manner of her speech. After this, no people came to visit any house like they did the house of Zachariya. The word spread among the Children of Israel and the people were saying, `Verily, her partner (in fornication) was Yusuf, because there was no one else in the temple with her except him.' So she hid herself from the people and placed a veil between herself and them. No one saw her and she did not see anyone else.''


"So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a remote place. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date palm. She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!'' Quran 19:22-23


Myriam went to Beit al Lahm (Bethleem) when she first experienced labor pain.


"Then he (Jibril) cried unto her from below her, saying: "Grieve not: your Lord has provided a Sariy (water) under you.'' "And shake the trunk of date palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe dates upon you.'' "So eat and drink and rejoice. And if you see any human being, say: `Verily, I have vowed a fast for the Most Gracious so I shall not speak to any human being today." Quran 19:25-26


She said, "How can I not grieve when you are with me and I have no husband nor am I an owned slave woman What excuse do I have with the people Woe unto me, if I had only died before this, and had been a thing forgotten and unknown." Then, Aissa said to her, "I will suffice you with a statement."


Then she brought him to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariy.'' "O sister of Harun! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman.'' Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle'' He said: "Verily, I am a servant of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;'' "And He has made me blessed wherever I be, and has enjoined on me [Awsani] Salah and Zakah, as long as I live.'' "And to be dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblessed.'' "And Salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!'' Quran 19:28-34


By God's Mercy Myriam was proven a pure woman and Aissa's prophetfood was affirmed unto his community. But as always, a group of them disaproved and they dais that he was indeed the child of fornication and that is speaking in the cradle was sorcery. And you guessed it, those were the same one who were falsifying the words of God for their gain. Big surprise!!!!









No comments: